It's a vote based RPG on twitter give it a try.
Starfall Rebirth is the live adventure... follow it here.
1) Rough pencil compositional scamps.
2) Digital composite with line corrections (I normally miss this stage out! = big mistake)
3) Final pencil line work (tracing over print out)
4) Basic light source added on separate layer in photoshop.
5) Flat tonal values - I do this with the lighting layer turned off.
6) Layer composite and effects added.
Drawing compositions small is easier. Start small and blow up.
Spend more time on the rough composite stage getting perspective/details right (I didn't!)
Anything you not 100% happy with will haunt you.
Looking at tonal values (or colour) and light sources independently is easier. I rushed through these stages so lots of rough edges and I went for a simplistic single light source.
Bum Rush the TitanConcept work for Reynaldo Madriñan's Blog. The great title inspired the artwork.
Follow the Mysterious Path on Twitter or Google+
What is this Mysterious Path?
Mysterious Path is half comic, half 8bit RPG, half choose-you-own-adventure. Mysterious Path will be an interactive experience playable on your phone, tablet or desktop... eventually. Imagined by the one man army that is Grey Wizard (and some occasionally helpful retainers)
Post a Comment